Shoe Repairer Needed At Daji Orthopaedics & Footwear Services Inc.
- Location 1524 Lansdowne St. West
- Salary$$14.00 to $16.00HOUR hourly for 10 to 25 hours per week
- Terms of employment Casual
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1 Vacancy
- Source Job Bank #1489090
1) Repairs or refinishes shoes, following customer specifications, or according to nature of damage, or type of shoe: Positions shoe on last and pulls and cuts off sole or heel with pincers and knife.
2) Starts machine, and holds welt against rotating sanding wheel or rubs with sandpaper to bevel and roughen welt for attachment of new sole.
3) Selects blank or cuts sole or heel piece to approximate size from material, using knife.
4) Brushes cement on new sole or heel piece and on shoe welt and shoe heel.
5) Positions sole over shoe welt or heel piece on shoe heel and pounds piece, using machine or hammer, so piece adheres to shoe; drives nails around sole or heel edge into shoe; or guides shoe and sole under needle of sewing machine to fasten sole to shoe.
6) Trims sole or heel edge to shape of shoe with knife.
7) Holds and turns shoe sole or heel against revolving abrasive wheel to smooth edge and remove excess material.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Repair belts, purses, luggage and similar products; Repair soles, heels and other parts of footwear
- Area of Specialization
- Orthopedic footwear; Custom boots; Custom shoes
- Type of Repair
- Purses; Luggage; Footwear; Belts
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Client focus; Judgement; Organized
How to apply
1524 Lansdowne St. West suite 2
K9J 2A2 Between 11:00 AM and 03:00 AM