In this position you will work one on one with the customer, listening to what they want, and coming up with a solution from one of our many different suppliers. Your main responsibilities will be designing and quoting the ideal kitchen or bathroom for our client and maintaining a section of the store by keeping it clean, properly merchandised, and as profitable as possible. You will also be called upon to perform cashier function and assist with whatever else is needed.
Success in this job requires that you take ownership of your assigned duties and your department and this ownership will drive you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper.
We are willing to train for the position but the successful applicant must exhibit all of the following skills
– Articulates thoughts and ideas well
– Strong listening skills
– Ability to quickly learn Windows-based computer programs
– Ability to adapt to our customer’s needs and take ownership of each transaction and find ways to impress our customers every day
– Strong math skills (will be working with measurements and costs constantly)
– Acute attention to detail
– Excellent with paperwork
– Have a strong sense of design and color
– Enjoy learning as there is a lot to learn
While we are more interested in a person who exhibits the above characteristics, the following are considered an asset
– lumberyard and/or hardware store experience
– renovation experience
– experience with 20-20 design software
– fluent with Microsoft office
Northland Building Supply Ltd. (Castle Building Centre)
500-616 MAIN STREET SASKATOON S7H0J6
3670 GD PO BOX
Position would require the applicant to work a minimum of 2 Saturdays per month. We are closed on Sundays and currently all statutory holidays.