Apprentice Carpenter Needed at Rhino contracting : Carpenters construct, repair, and install building frameworks and structures made from wood and other materials.
- Location St. John’s, NL
- Salary$$15.00 to $20.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Seasonal
- Day, Morning
- Start date As soon as possible
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Major Work Area
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Safety glasses/goggles
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices
Carpenters typically do the following:
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding
- Measure, cut, and shape wood, plastic, and other materials
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes
- Erect, level, and install building framework with the aid of rigging hardware and cranes
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Instruct and direct laborers and other construction helpers
Carpenters are a versatile occupation in the construction industry, with workers usually doing many different tasks. For example, some carpenters insulate office buildings and others install drywall or kitchen cabinets in homes. Those who help construct tall buildings or bridges often install wooden concrete forms for cement footings or pillars and are commonly referred to as rough carpenters. Rough carpenters also erect shoring and scaffolding for buildings.
Carpenters use many different tools to cut and shape wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall. They commonly use hand tools, including squares, levels, and chisels, as well as many power tools, such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns, and welding machines.
Carpenters fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and check their work to ensure that it is precisely completed. They use tape measures on nearly every project to quickly measure distances. Many employers require applicants to supply their own tools.
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer through Job Bank’s job posting system. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.
More Jobs ——– Apply
Delivery Driver Needed at Greco Pizza