Bakers use their understanding of ingredients and food preparation to craft recipes and create baked goods. They measure and mix raw ingredients, bake and decorate items, and ensure that all raw and finished goods adhere to quality and food safety standards.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Remove filled containers from conveyors; Manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers; Feed and unload processing machines; Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers; Clean machines and immediate work areas; Check products and packaging for basic quality defects; Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties; Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines
- Work Setting
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
How to apply
- Location : 17 – 20691 Lougheed HwyMaple Ridge, BCV2X 2P9
- Salary; $14.50HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment : Permanent Full time
- Weekend : Flexible Hours, Early Morning
- Start date : As soon as possible
- Vacancies :4 Vacancies
We are searching for skilled, creative Bakers who strive to provide excellent baked items and service in an efficient, professional manner. The Baker will design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products, use icing, glazes, fillings, and decorations to enhance item presentation, and process orders from customers. You will also greet customers, answer questions, clean workstations and equipment, and perform other duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied and the bakery is well-stocked and operating smoothly.
To be a successful Baker, you should be efficient and friendly with a focus on food quality and customer satisfaction. You should be organized, decisive, attentive, and possess a strong understanding of baking techniques.
- Designing and improving recipes.
- Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
- Decorating and displaying finished products.
- Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- Greeting customers, answering questions, making recommendations, accepting orders and payments, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels.
- Taking client information and ensuring that deliveries are fulfilled accurately and on time.
- Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- More education or experience may be preferred.
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and create amazing baked goods.
- Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, night, weekend and holiday availability.
- Ability to work in hot, hectic environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances, and lift heavy items for extended periods.