History of Haro Park
The history of Haro Park Centre highlights how the vision of a few people made a significant impact on Vancouver’s West End Community focusing on seniors. Two organizations came together during the 1970’s, the B’nai Brith Lions Gate Building Society (now the Jewish Building Society), who purchased the land, and the Netherlands Association for Senior Care who had an innovative concept to provide multiple levels of care from independent housing to residential care on one site. As a result of the cooperative relationship, Haro Park Centre was officially opened on November 6, 1980. Today Haro Park Centre with 154 complex care residents and 64 subsidized apartments for independent and assisted living facility is well integrated into Vancouver’s West End.
Haro Park Today
Life at Haro Park Centre offers a wide variety of recreational, therapeutic, social, cultural, educational and pastoral care activities for our elders. Our home provides the opportunity for elders and staff to engage in meaningful moments in order to create an environment that promotes engagement and activity.
Today, Haro Park provides special care, palliative, extended, and assisted care, as well as subsidized housing, while providing a true home and an active life for all its residents. Haro Park is an active and vibrant community that provides a wide range of daily activities provided by an inter-professional team.
The Campus of Care allows elders the opportunity to age in place and move between the various care levels. As needs change we are able to provide elders with the necessary care without moving away from the home they’ve come to know and the relationships they have developed.
Haro Park Centre, Vancouver is accepting applications for experienced LTC/ASL casual cooks to join our Culinary Services team. We are seeking staff who have a strong desire and the ability to provide high-quality service. Candidates must be available for shifts between 6:30 am and 7:30 pm, 7 days a week. Casual employment may lead to a regular FT position in the very near future.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Culinary Services Manager; following HACCP principles and practices: Leads and prepares high-quality foods and nutritious meals; maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen; receive and store food deliveries and ensure food served is at proper HACCP temperatures and portion guideline sizes.
Red Seal Certification preferred or equivalent combination of Experience, Education, and Training.
· Current Food Safe Level 1 and WHMIS Certificates
· Experience in Hospitality/ Long Term Care/Retirement Community Kitchen setting is PREFERRED.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Teamwork ethics in a Team environment with Leadership qualities
– concern and interest in providing quality care to residents
– good knowledge and practice of safe food handling and HACCP
– ability to read and write English fluently and follow instructions
– ability to communicate tactfully and with maturity when working with residents, staff, volunteers and guests
– ability to work independently and organize workload
– physical ability to carry out the duties of the position while working under pressure in a warm and noisy environment
– ability to operate related kitchen equipment
- ability to maintain confidentiality of resident information
– FLEXIBLE TO WORK DAYS, EVENINGS AND OR WEEKENDS AND ON CALL AND VACATION RELIEF SITUATIONS LEADING TO POTENTIAL FULL TIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR CASUAL COOK WITH LONG TERM CARE/ASSISTED LIVING EXPERIENCE.
***TB Vaccination and Criminal Record Check are MANDATORY upon hiring***
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.00 /hour
- Cooking in “LONG TERM CARE/ASSISTED LIVING” Community: 2 years (Preferred)