- Mississauga, ON
- PSW certificate required
- Full-time and part-time hours, with multiple shifts available depending on your needs (shifts are 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm and 11pm-7am)
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
You became a Personal Support Worker because you find it fulfilling to make a difference in peoples lives. Now more than ever, you can truly make that difference, where youre needed the most.
Personal Support Worker (PSW)
We are in desperate need of Personal Support Workers in our long-term care facility located in Mississauga where we are currently experiencing an outbreak of COVID-19.
As a Personal Support Worker on our team, youll support our residents personal and nursing restorative care.
On a practical level, you will:
- Work under the direction of registered staff to provide personal care to residents, and report and document any changes in resident status
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to provide nursing restorative care based on the residents plan of care
- Promotes residents independence with activities of daily living
- Maintain a strong focus on client safety and ethical standards
- Develop respectful relationships with residents, and maintain a person-centered philosophy while working with them
- Be provided with the personal protective equipment (PPE) needed to keep you safe.
Working With Us
Were a well-established organization that has been dedicated to serving the senior community in Ontario for decades.
Our passionate and knowledgeable team is united under a common goal: to make each moment count for our residents, while keeping their well-being front and centre.
We know that its our people who are the key to our success. Thats why we offer a great work culture where we support them with appreciation events and continuing education opportunities.
We hope youll join, and bring your skills to our team, for our residents.
- Completion of a Personal Support Worker certificate program is required OR experience as a care aid in a similar environment
- Knowledge of restorative care concepts
- Knowledge of basic resident care equipment including lifts and therapeutic tubs
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and a person-centred philosophy