Ultimus Holdings is a global investment company with the sole purpose of contributing to the sustainable development of African economies. Our investing deployment is broad-based and long-term. We specifically invest is sectors that demonstrates growth; leveraging our sector expertise in ensuring we become market leaders in all operational portfolios.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrician
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems for the company
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring for lights, sanitary wares and other equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring for lights, Sanitary wares and other equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment when needed
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
To successfully perform the typical tasks and duties of the position, the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities listed below are required:
- Proficient knowledge in electrical wiring
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in confined spaces or at certain heights
- Good verbal, presentation and listening skills.
- Good hoisting and rigging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
- Ability to effectively solve problems and conflicts
- Ability to work at odd/ long hours
- Ability to manage clients
- Effective in making objective decisions
- Strong team philosophy
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Reporting skills
- Safety Management
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.