The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the anticipated prevention of gender-based violence and livelihoods support project.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Position: Admin and Logistics Officer
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: 1 (One) Year
- Provide logistics and administrative support to program staff during workshops.
- Provide Admin supports for day-to-day office management.
- Coordinate all operations-related activities of the project.
- Provides oversight of Vehicle logs, vehicle maintenance.
- Identify Vehicle needs and reviews driver timesheet
- Coordinates transportation and delivery of procurement and inventory.
- Ensure periodic project vehicle maintenance.
- Coordinate vehicle needs of project staff for official travels.
- Direct, supervise Logistics Assistants (drivers) and arrange their trip plans.
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.
- BA / B.Sc in Logistics or any related Social sciences discipline, with requisite logistics experience in donor-funded project.
- Must be organized and logical, willing to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures.
- Able to efficiently solve transport problems relating to staff vehicle needs.
- Able to operate Microsoft Office and be familiar with any other software.
- Must have 4+ year of specific experience related to logistics coordination
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format
- The project is to be implemented in two target LGAs in Borno state that are currently accessible. The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- The position is for a year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng