Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Service Support – Marine
Req ID: 200000P8
Location: Port Harcourt- Rivers
Job Type: Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type: Exempt – Experienced
- Supervises employees who install, service, and repair equipment and machinery.
- Supervises Service Technicians and/or Service Team Leaders; coordinates and schedules Technician work schedules; communicates repair plans to Technicians aligned with customer quotes; monitors Technician productivity and repair quality.
- Provides coaching and feedback to individual Service Technicians and/or Service Team Leaders; provides performance reviews and opportunities for professional growth.
- Provides first level of support to Service Technicians requiring assistance; escalates technical support needs for resolution when needed.
- Manages service logistics including use of materials, equipment, and employees ensuring safety, quality, and efficient operations
- Develop and/or reviews quotes for accuracy prior to communication to customers; provides updates on repair status and any plan or schedule changes.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Monitors the status of open repairs with technicians; addresses issues that impact completion of the repair plan in the time quoted to customers.
- Monitors goals and targets for the branch; measures, reviews, and maintains superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Resolves customer concerns related to Cummins or distributor warranties; develops strong relationships with key customers through frequent and professional communication.
- Diagnostics Application – Translates customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issue following guided work flows, procedures, specialized equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools, and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair; validates repair by duplicating complaint to ensure it has been resolved; documents results of troubleshooting in business systems to communicate what has been done for payment and historical tracking.
- Warranty Process – Analyzes customer issues to verify root cause of failure and associated progressive damage using Cummins published service information; interprets the warranty administration manual to determine eligibility for coverage and claim requirements; identifies items associated with repair that can be covered and communicates to stakeholders; files a claim in the appropriate system using proper documentation and requirements to receive accurate settlement.
- Technical Escalation – Obtains product technical issue information and utilizes available resources including data management tools; elevates issues to a higher level of expertise, balancing timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts; captures all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner.
- Service Documentation – Creates and verifies customer, equipment and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done.
- Electronic Service Tool Development – Explains scope of all primary electronic troubleshooting tools to understand which tools are applicable; identifies clear and robust design requirements by following the required process to ensure design meets or exceeds requirements; develops and executes test plans to validate the service tool.
- Ensures accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages conflict – Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Directs work – Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Financial acumen – Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- Technical trade school degree or equivalent education, or equivalent experience required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
- Ability to apply diagnostic expertise to resolve complex Marine service diagnostic, Repair and Overhual problems and provides diagnostic direction for projects, team, or program-related decisions
- Troubleshoots complex diagnostic problems and recommends appropriate actions.
- Degree in Engineering
- Above 5 years cognate experience
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online