IO Furniture Limited is a full-service interior design and manufacturing company characterized by our uncompromising quality and innovative design solutions. With innovation, functionality, and style at the heart and soul of our company, we deliver perfection consistently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Sales and Marketing
Key Summary of the Job
- Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, goals and establish training programs for sales representatives.
- Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor customer preferences
- Revenue generation- Rigorously drive sales target
Core working relationships:
- Sales Operations
- Production Operations
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of manufactured furniture products
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Review reports to project sales and determine profitability
- Liaise with leadership to determine price schedules and discount rates
- Prepare budgets and propose budget expenditures for sales department
- Monitor customer preferences for strategic sales drive
- Liaise with human resource to plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales activities
- Direct, coordinate, and review activities of the sales team a view to add significantly to the bottom line of the business
- Consult with departmental heads and the brands communication consultant to plan advertising and to secure information on products and customer specification
- Confer with potential customers regarding products needs and advise customers on purchases
- Assess marketing potential of new store locations, considering statistics and proposed budget
- Lead and coordinate dealership/ partnership activities as per multi-channel marketing
- Build and execute the Company’s marketing and communications plan along with the Marketing consultant
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships with leaders in the Corporate, Real estate, Commercial, Hospitability and Public sector for the purpose of lead generation
- Identify and develop new strategic opportunities for partnerships with major stakeholders in the construction and property development sector of the economy for the purpose of marketing the company
- Develop content for promotional materials, social media, newsletters and other campaign channels in concert with the marketing consultant
- Categorize and report on trends specific to the furniture industry analyzing the impact on the business
- Maintain effective internal communication to ensure that all relevant functions are abreast of marketing objectives
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates
- Consult with clients after sales to resolve problems and to provide support
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports
- Obtain credit information about prospective customers
- Train customers’ employees on the appropriate use of new Furniture
- Liaise with customer service to prepare quotations, job order forms
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments
- Negotiate with retail merchants to improve product exposure, such as shelf positioning and advertising
- Liaise with the technical unit to plan, assemble, and stock product displays in retail stores, or make recommendations to retailers regarding product displays, promotional programs, and advertising
- Check stock levels and reorder merchandise as necessary
Key Job Attributes
- The ability to Multitask
- The ability to work with a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Possess analytic and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft package
- Effective Communication
- Persuasion skills
- Social Perceptiveness
- Critical Thinking
- Negotiation Skills
- Service Orientation
- Active Learning
- Coordination skills
- Good Judgment and Decision Making
- Performance Monitoring
- Excellent communication skills and evidence of building strong relationships
- Solid knowledge of digital technologies including those involving content management, web analytics, search engine marketing, email marketing, website usability
- Able to develop strong value propositions consistent with Customer needs
- Knowledge of the company’s product and services
- Ability to connect strategic thinking and planning with hands – on tactical execution
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- A Degree in Marketing Communications, Social Sciences or Business Administration.
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrable experience in sales, marketing , merchandising or related field
- 4 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.