Human Capital Partners is a professional services firm that specializes in the provision of management consulting services covering the entire human resource management value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics and Monitoring Manager
Job ID: PFI/0002
- The NSIAТs Presidential Fertilizer Initiative is in the process of strengthening its marketing and logistics units, to enhance its overall capacity in delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority seeks to recruit a suitably qualified, result oriented and exceptional professional to fill the position of Logistics and Monitoring Manager – PFI/0002.
- This position is temporary and will run for the duration of one (1) year.
- The Logistics and Monitoring Manager will report to the Portfolio Manager and shall be responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations such as warehousing, inventory, transportation, and supply chain processes. The role holder will also be responsible for analysing budgets and processing shipments
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training and safety records.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Analyse the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Oversee all product import or export operations to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in a Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Pure and Social Science related field from a reputable university.
- Minimum of seven (7) years cognate experience in haulage, in-country logistics and shipping.
- Working knowledge of logistics and inventory management system.
- Good knowledge of various geographical locations.
- Excellent skills in leadership, negotiation and communication.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards and high level of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate in at least one local language preferably Hausa.
- Commendable level of attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and function effectively under pressure.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
In addition, candidates for the role must possess the following attributes:
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment.
- High ethical standards and level of integrity.
An attractive, highly competitive remuneration package and a pleasant working environment await the successful candidate.
Application Closing Date
10th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: [email protected] with the “Reference number” as subject of the e-mail.
Important Information / Notice
- Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.
- This position is based in Abuja, Nigeria. The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for the position on offer.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.