CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource and Administrative Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Position Type: Regular
Duration: 6 Months (Extendable)
- Under general supervision of the HR Officer and working closely with the Admin Officer, performs a variety of clerical duties related to the HR functions.
- S/he shall ensure that the overall day to day running of the office administration is conducted in an efficient and cost-effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements where necessary.
- Assist in administering the recruitment process by receiving and opening application letters/emails, file in accordance with the title of positions for shortlisting by HR Officer. Prepare the matrix of shortlisted candidates as required.
- Support in the coordination of staff recruitment and send the report to HR Officer
- Support in preparing contracts for staff and send to HR Officer
- Contact candidates for writing tests and interviews. Assist in administering computers for the writing test.
- Maintain the consultant roster and translators/interpreters roster. Be responsible for the filing of consultants’ files.
- Record and maintain attendance records of all staff to ensure the accuracy of all records
- Compile and assist with the shortlist of the candidates and invite shortlisted candidates for interviews.
- Liaise with recruiting managers to prepare interview questions and prepare interview summaries after each interview.
- Participate in Interviews as and when necessary.
- Ensure Anti-terrorism and reference checks are carried out before offer letters are issued out.
- Ensure timely submission of recruitment information to the HR Manager or designate
- Support the database and monitor expiry dates of all staff contracts and renew as and when necessary;
- Monitor staff absence and leave and ensure the filing of appropriate documentation,
- Performs other HR-related duties, as required.
- Ensure correct use of office equipment, servicing, repairs and ensure controls are maintained
- Organizing supplies needed for the events such as training, workshops, seminars, meetings, etc. (stationary, refreshments, lunch, etc.)
- Ensure administrative policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide back-up support to the program support staff in general office work
- Maintain petty cash operation and ensure internal controls and petty cash policies are followed adequately.
- Keep a record of stationary usage for monthly orders (photocopy paper, flipchart paper, stationery for workshops and for the office)
- Type documents and input data as required
- Photocopy and bind documents as required
- A degree in Human Resources, Psychology or any related field
- Good education background, additional training in administrative/ human resources field is an advantage
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years NGO experience
- Eligibility: In compliance with the Borno Bill, this position is open to only indigenes of Borno State
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust, and open communication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the CARE’s values and ethical standards
- Good understanding of CARE business, operational environment, and its program participants and donors
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humor even under pressure
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Administrative systems, practice, policies, and procedures.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Ability to demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to ensure effective teamwork, collaborative behavior and build team spirit
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
- Ability to work closely and harmoniously with a team
- Good organizational and communication skills, highly disciplined and responsible
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of human resource practice, policies, and procedures
- Familiarity with Local Labour Law and Strong customer service focus
- Building and nurturing relationships
Application Closing Date
10th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as subject of the email.
By submitting your application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Indicate clearly in the subject line of the email the position you are applying for and the location (in Caps)
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.