Corporate Headhunters Limited – Our client is one of West Africa’s leading cloud Solutions Provider. They offer technical and professional services to small, medium and large enterprises, NGOs, education institutions and government agencies. By leveraging the power of cloud technologies, they are able to dramatically improve efficiency and productivity, giving organizations the chance to focus on key business operations and improving their bottom line. They have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve their vision of being the best solutions provider for their customers. They are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities they serve.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Devops Specialist
- As a Devops, you will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate systems, help automate and streamline operations and processes as well as build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues in dev, test and production environments.
- You will be building independent web based tools, microservices and solutions
- Utilize various open source technologies to implement integrations requested by customers
- You will be building tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash etc; Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Previous work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Sound understanding of how various systems work and how IT operations are managed
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or related field
- 5+years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
- Hands-on experience at least in one scripting language
- Proven experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of Java / JVM based languages
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
Friday, 10th April 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]. with the subject of the email as “Devops Specialist”