PAS Solar Limited provides affordable energy to off-grid households and micro-businesses in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shop Manager
Location: Zaria, Kaduna
Reports To: Retail Area Manager
Support: Retail Area Manager /Lead Technician/ Retail Supervisor & Customer Care
- The Shop Manager is the most important position in the store. They must be able to oversee all aspects of the store, including all personnel, product, merchandising functions, business processes and results for the store.
- The Shop Manager develops, directs and motivates the store team which results in great service to all customers, generation of sales/profit, minimizing losses and ensuring the store is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained.
- In addition, the Shop Manager maximizes employee productivity, ensuring consistent compliance with the execution of all company Policy & Procedures and maintains an environment that is results-driven.
Functional Success Factors
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
Delivers Business Results:
- Utilize all company tools to drive results
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a clear business focus
- Strategic planner with the ability to prioritize according to business needs
- Ability to accurately communicate statistical results and identify business needs.
- Ability to create partnership with local communities to identify business opportunities that results in an increase in store traffic and sales
- Ability to deliver elevated level communication with staff on a daily basis.
- Ability to effectively communicate and obtain sales update using pulse check, and outlet sales conversion, store results, product sales and other information to help provide great service and achieve goals.
Managing Customer Service:
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service with both employees and customers.
- Ability to execute PAS BBOXX’s outlet sales strategy and deliver exceptional Customer Service.
- Ability to maintain a high-level customer service culture reinforced by service results.
- Ability to effectively monitor and execute product restocking and repossession process.
- Ability to effectively managed customer complaints in a timely and effective manner and liaising with Customer Care for effective monitoring and assessing customer complaints.
- Adheres to Company Personal Appearance to professionally represents PAS BBOXX’s image
- Managing Merchandise:
- Ability to maintain the outlet inventories and execute proper inventory check and restock process
- Ability to coordinate product deliveries from warehouse to the outlet location.
- Strong understanding of product needs and ability to educate sales agents on product and evaluation of customer needs.
Managing Store Operations:
- Exceptional knowledge of and adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Ensures daily management of sales, controllable expenses, goals and company initiatives
- Attends company trainings and contribute to the overall company growth and company initiatives
- Ensures that team is effectively executing corporate programs
- Aligns team with activities that will ensure that business goals are met
- Shop manager is expected to liaise with Retail Supervisor and document sales update into the system.
- Ensure store has all necessary tools (i.e. Supplies, resources, etc.)
- Shop Manager is expected to manage all the documents used at the outlet
- Report daily activities to Regional Area Manager and coordinate activities with Retail Supervisor and Customer Care Team.
- Takes part in boosting sales in the outlet region
- Physically opens and closes the shop on a daily basis and remain active during normal business hours
- Provide guidance to customers by educating them on products based on clients’ needs and desires
- Liaised with warehouse team to ensure appropriate stock count is available in the outlet and replenish when needed to prevent stockout.
- Scan and send all important documents to the IT team at the Headquarters
- File all necessary regulatory documents with local authority at the shop level.
Strategic Success Factors
- Maintain respect of peer group, staff and supervisor
- Effective communication through appropriate channels and ability to influence, coach and mentor
- Utilize excellent organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Communicates honestly, openly, and constructively and display ability to adapt to changing conditions based on business needs.
- Shop Manager is expected to take on additional assignment and work when needed and maintain a sense of urgency in meeting deadlines.
- 1-year minimum experience in relevant position.
- Candidate must be fluent in Hausa and English (Written and Oral)
- Bachelor’s degree, HND or equivalent work experience preferred
- Working knowledge of computer systems (MS Office, Web understanding)
- Ability to maneuver around the outlet
- Ability to operate office computer and other equipment
Application Closing Date
11th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter detailing why they should be given the role, the latest copy of their CV to: [email protected] Applications should include “Shop Manager” in the email subject header, along with the specific geographical region the applicant wants to apply for.
Note: Job description may be subject to change without notice.