Oaklands and Johnson Limited is a world class Advertising and Experiential marketing company.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- Work with and develop the current prospect database within specified business sectors to generate effective leads & exceed sales targets for the business (100 Million Naira monthly)
- Develop a sales contact plan to include cold-calling, direct marketing, and attending industry events to build relationships with key prospects
- Respond to incoming Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in a professional and creative manner
- Understand a prospectТs business needs and develop a tailored digital marketing proposal using all relevant O&J products and solutions, drawing on expert internal resource as required
- Work closely with colleagues in agency to identify common new business prospects and cross-sell integrated search and affiliate proposition
- Represent agency at industry events, including round tables, speaking forums and new business events
- Work closely with Client service team to identify appropriate go to market messaging for specific business sectors
Knowledge Sharing, learning & development:
- Enhance own development by taking responsibility for staying informed and up to date with competitors activity/ industry knowledge
- Work closely with the affiliate team to develop new business proposals
- Work closely with the client service, Creative, & media teams to demonstrate O&J expertise at new business pitches
- Contribute to the learning environment by identifying areas where there is potential for learning and building knowledge with others
- Adopt the performance management scheme by setting objectives, participating in performance reviews and building a personal development plan.
- Head of Creative Development Managers & Business Development Executives
- Group marketing team
- Client Development team
- Network team
- 5+ years minimum working in experiential marketing and product branding.
- Proven track record in consultative selling, specifically with Tier 1 & 2 merchants
- Experience in constructing contracts resulting from complex sales
- Experience working across pan-African territories an advantage
- Excellent affiliate marketing knowledge
- Moderate knowledge of digital marketing
- Good understanding of tracking and ad-serving technology used in affiliate marketing
- Experience responding to formal RFIs & RFPs for large brand businesses
- Experience dealing with businesses at Head of E-Commerce, Marketing Director and above, and with an extensive network of contacts.
- Ability to interact with and influence multiple sales channels
- Experience developing effective tactical marketing strategies to support sales acquisition
- Experience in re-positioning products and services through the sales process would be advantageous
- Ability to manage and track lead generation and a sales pipeline through CRM system
- Degree or equivalent
- Formal sales training.
- Tenacious & creative sales approach
- Driven and motivated by results
- Passionate about performance marketing
- Strong presenter, negotiator, and influencer
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Organised, with good attention to detail
- A self-starter who can spot new opportunities
- Able to work as part of a wide and varied team.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.