The Assistant Manager, Logistics Inbound and Outbound operations will be responsible for the overall management of the logistics process from point of origin to Samsung’s Canadian warehouses (Inbound), from Samsung warehouse to customer warehouses / Distribution centers, stores and cross-dock facilities (Outbound), as well as shipments from origin to customer (Direct Ship).
Through this responsibility of operations management, the individual is expected to provide proactive / expert-level solutions and suggestions in order to provide excellent operational efficiency within the order management process. In addition, manage and develop procedures in order to minimize loss, avoid and reduce extraneous logistics costs, while realizing the successful delivery of goods within the weekly/daily expectation of forecasted planning and customer Requested Delivery Dates.
The role demands a full understanding of all Logistics guidelines and processes across different divisions, products and customer fulfillment channels. This position will monitor and manage the daily operations of all product categories, including individual management of a specific assigned product category.
The position will liaise directly with our divisional Supply Chain Management, our Third-Party Logistics providers, our Sales and Marketing Teams, Samsung’s in-house Logistics partners, and Global Freight Forwarder(s), in order to provide proactive solutions and expert improvements to tracking, tracing, reporting, and Goods receipt achievement.
These duties will be fulfilled by managing a team of Logistics subject matter experts.Role and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operations Oversight for Inbound (IB) / Outbound (OB) / Direct Ship (DS) for Samsung Canada
- Responsible to liaise with internal supply chain, Sales and Marketing leadership, as well as external customers and freight forwarders
- Creating new procedures and SOPs as it relates to IB, OB, and DS operations, in partnership with Sales Divisions, 3PL Management (Transportation and Warehouse), and factories
- Provide recommendations to senior leadership on best practices, cost reduction strategies, and proactively suggest areas of required improvement through continuous analysis of Risk and Control. Provide leadership and training to all internal and external customers as required
- Provide reporting and guidance to each Sales division’s supply chain management teams as part of the weekly coordination of goods receipt against forecast, and realization of revenue achievement versus Customers’ Requested Delivery Date / Must Arrive by Date
- Develop and Implement avoidance and mitigation strategies as it relates to IB/DS logistics costs; as well as avoidance/reduction of Vendor compliance Charges and accessorial charges as they relate to OB flow, as dictated by our agreements with various partners
- Analyze and manage IB/OB/DS Standard Lead Times and Load consolidation rhythms, and work directly with our internal Logistics company on challenge resolution, opportunities for improvement, and maintenance of on-time / right quantity, while reducing Cost of Poor Quality
- Monitor all IB / OB / DS shipments from multiple points of origin and report on any variances to expected weekly receipt rates while providing solutions for stabilization and improvement in all inbound/outbound areas, including the development of specialized track and trace methodologies and reporting outputs
- Maintain, as required, the internal system (SAP ERP) orders, new customer set up, customer delivery requirements, lead time tables, System data related to Customer Routing requirements and specialized pallet configuration data by each partner’s specification
- Supporting the RFP Process for Carriers and Warehouse, including contract maintenance, review, and negotiation support as required
- Management of Overall Logistics KPIs including, but not limited to, On-Time Delivery, On-Time shipment, and On-Time receipt of goods
- DC&P (Disclosure Controls and Procedures) development for Operations, FSCS (Financial statement control system) reporting, and overall oversight and management to Samsung’s GPPM guidelines (Samsung’s Global Policies & Procedures Manual)
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching direct reports, and responsible for informal and formal employee evaluations
- Ad-hoc reporting, projects and various duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
* Develops professional expertise by complying with company policies and procedures
* Works on problems of moderate scope where analyzing situations or data requires a review on various factors
* Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
* Normally receives general instructions on routine work with detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
* Generally requires a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2 years related experience, or advanced degree without experience
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.